Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SNAP & SCRAP


I love snapping and scrapping pictures!!! In fact, I was able to put together snippets and pieces of my kids' pix from the day they were born but have discontinued doing so for sometime now. Lately, I can't seem to stumble on an ideal moment to organize all those heap of pictures.
They're mostly stuffed in boxes, assuming I even had them developed.
Scrapbooking seems to be a huge trend nowadays. I'm actually "artistically challenged" and overwhelmed by the number of scrapbook materials now accessible in the market. I remember when I first started scrapping, I was restricted to buying my "stuff" at Rustans & they were really very expensive. Now, with a lot of articles, books and internet sites for scrapbooking, you get to be more ingenious as you get to "think out of the box."
But being a working mom to two vigourous and energetic "grade schoolers", I can't seem to have enough time on my hands to carry on with what I've started so earnestly and devotedly when my kids were not as mobile and "attention-seeking" as they are now. My hands are itching to cut, to fold, to paste; my mind restless with all the thoughts and ideas - embellishing, mix and matching, scraplifting and heartfelt journaling.
After all, when my kids are all big and grown-up and have lives of their own, my husband and I will just be left with all those fun-filled childhood memories and what better way to muse them over but with scraps of pictures handcrafted with love and devotion.

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

I admire your creativity and passion for scrapping.