Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's School Time Once Again!


It’s school time once again! On my kids’ first day of school, my little boy was feeling excited yet a little sad that summer was finally over. My little girl, on the other hand, was a bit jittery on her first day because of all the new things: new teachers, new friends, new school. And me? I was not at all “unaffected” by the opening of the new school year. In fact, I had mixed emotions when the school opened that Tuesday morning (June 10). The imminent opening of classes would mean another year-round of homeworks, projects, reviewers…and I would have to be once again at the helm of everything. I don’t deny that indeed every school year that passed became more and more difficult and I suppose that this year would not be any different. We will have to leave the house at 6:30 in the morning to bring the kids to school, go to the office to earn the money that would send them to school, reach home by seven in the evening and there my commitment as my kids’ “guru” begins. Don’t get me wrong, I really and truly enjoy every single moment spent sitting side by side reviewing them and studying with them…I melt along with every single grin they flash at me when I give them the “thumbs up” sign…I smile from ear-to-ear every single time they give me the right answers to my questions. In fact, the truth is, as much hurdles as I’ve had…come end of school year, I get rewarded time and again not just with good grades but another year of new lessons learned and discoveries made.

No comments: