Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Children’s Daddy (a belated father’s day salute to my children’s daddy)




Every kid thinks that he has the world’s greatest daddy. My children are no less any different. They think the world of their dad…in their eyes, he can’t do wrong. Truth is, human as he is, he has flaws and inadequacies. He, too, needs to be told time and again of some things that he may have overlooked, disregarded or overdone. Nonetheless, he incessantly struggles to live up to our kids’ idyllic image of him as their mentor, disciplinarian, playmate, friend, personal magician, clown, surrogate “mom”, “superhero” (?!). But one thing’s for sure, I know my children’s daddy will never stop loving them and caring for them. Whatever he is, at the end of the day, he will be just pure and simple DAD, ready to tuck them in bed…give them butterfly kisses…and overwhelming hugs…WE LOVE YOU DADDY! MWAH!

No comments: