Friday, November 14, 2008

My Little Corner




I'm a bit sad. I'm leaving a job that I've grown to love. I'm being transferred to another department, whose function I'm pretty unsure yet if I could handle. I'm leaving this little corner that has been my home away from home for more than a year now...my comfort zone...my place of solace away from my family...
Today is my last day as Risk Manager and Section Head for Credit Evaluation in charge of South Luzon and Binondo Business Centers. I've written my final Credit Analysis Report and presented the last of my accounts to the Credit Risk Evaluation Panel. What's next?
I'm moving to another department called Credit Information Management. I know the basics but the technicalities I've yet to uncover and learn. Maybe, my husband is right in telling me not to be afraid to venture into something new. To lurk and stagnate in my comfort zone because it's familiar and safe will not help me grow as a person. Maybe, he's right in saying that growing up is not just for kids. As adults, we also have to grow and moving on is an integral part of growth.
I don't know, maybe all these apprehensions are groundless. Maybe, I'll get to love the new job too. I'm just filled with so much dread in venturing into the unknown. But then again, maybe my husband is right in saying that one won't know the pain and wonder of giving birth until one has experienced it firsthand.
Well, I guess I will just have to find and work out some comfort in another little corner of this bank that I've also developed an attachment to...

2 comments:

Mrs. Angelo said...

Congratulation on your promotion. I am soooooo proud of you. You're a wonderful mom! Ang swerte naman ni Thirdy...beauty and brains pa! See you soon!

Henry said...

Small cubicle looks stressful. That's fine, as long as the management is good or if you have lots of cool friends there.

www.vankaizer.com